TERMS & CONDITIONS
•The Contract shall exist between Muse Bespoke Upholstery and the client.
• The contract will include those instructions written into the contract only.
• Our quote is valid for one month.
ESTIMATE, COMMISSION & INVOICE:
1. Muse Bespoke Upholstery will provide a written estimate for the work to be completed. This will cover the estimated cost of labour and any materials/fabric required. This is an estimate and not a guarantee of final cost.
2. As part of the commission process an initial invoice for 50% of the labour and full fabric cost will be raised (if the fabric is ordered for the client). The invoice is to be paid in advance (deposit) of the work beginning. This payment will confirm the contract between Muse Bespoke Upholstery and the client. After the work is completed a final invoice will be generated. Upon payment of the final invoice the item(s) of furniture will be released for return delivery.
3. Any additional instructions must be confirmed in writing and a price agreed for the additional work and materials, before the work can proceed. Additional work, which may not be apparent when the estimate was provided, will be advised to the client on discovery and a course of action agreed. This includes frame repairs, which are hidden by upholstery.
4. Muse Bespoke Upholstery endeavour to complete work referred to in this contract to the specified deadline, provided that the materials to complete the work are available at the time the work is to be undertaken. Muse Bespoke Upholstery will keep the client informed of supply problems, or other factors, which could affect delivery to deadline.
5. Rush orders will incur a surcharge of 20%
6. Insurance Claims: Muse Bespoke Upholstery undertake all work on behalf of the client and therefore it is they who are responsible for the payment of the account. In the case of insurance companies and insurance work Muse Bespoke Upholstery will undertake the work on the clear understanding that the account will be paid by the client.
7. All old covers will be removed prior to reupholstering and these covers will be discarded unless the client advises that they are to be returned. This request must be written into the order.
8. All new fillings applied to furniture manufactured after 1st January 1950 will need to be handled in compliance with the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations1988. All new materials and covering fabric supplied by Muse Bespoke Upholstery will comply with the regulations. This includes covers which contain 75%+ natural fibres, when it is acceptable to use an interliner which complies with the regulations. Furniture manufactured prior to 1950 does not come within the scope of the 1988 Regulations with regard to filling or cover.
9. With regard to the client’s own fabric: Where a client supplies their own fabric, it is the client’s responsibility to ensure that the fabric is suitable for the purpose for which it is intended and that it complies with the relevant regulations in force with regard to Fire and Safety. Muse Bespoke Upholstery will not be held liable for the compliance with these regulations for fabric that it does not source and/or supply. In the event that fabric is supplied by the client that does not meet these standards, Muse Bespoke Upholstery reserves the right to request that compliant fabric is supplied at the client’s cost. Only once fabric is known to be compliant will work be carried out.
10. Muse Bespoke Upholstery will do their best to advise customers of the suitability of fabrics, whether supplied by us or not, however, we can only take responsibility for fabrics which are supplied by ourselves; covering fabric supplied by the client is at their own risk. Shortage of covering fabric supplied by the client is the client’s responsibility unless we have advised the quantity needed.
11. Printed and woven fabrics: Where printed and woven fabrics will not pattern match accurately, Muse Bespoke Upholstery will inform the client for further instructions.
12. Fabrics sent directly to Muse Bespoke Upholstery must have the client's name clearly marked on the delivery note so Muse Bespoke Upholstery can check, on the client's behalf, that the correct fabric has been received.
13. Muse Bespoke Upholstery would appreciate that clients request fabric companies to roll all fabric on tubes, with no more than one fabric per tube. One continuous length of fabric should be ordered where possible. Muse Bespoke Upholstery will do our best to remove creases, but this cannot be guaranteed.
14. Muse Bespoke Upholstery cannot be held responsible for fabric flaws. If we cannot cut around any flaws we will notify the client.
15. Muse Bespoke Upholstery reserve the right to apply a 15% surcharge for handling fabrics supplied by the client.
DELIVERY & STORAGE:
16. Delivery and collection of items are the responsibility of the customer, unless otherwise agreed as part of the commission process. If delivery responsibility is being held by Muse Bespoke Upholstery this will be undertaken by a third party and the charges will be included in the invoices. Muse Bespoke Upholstery are not responsible or liable for any damage incurred while the furniture is in the hands of any third party.
17. If the item(s) is/are left on Muse Bespoke Upholstery's premises upon completion and the client does not respond within 2 weeks of notification we reserve the right to apply a storage charge for the item(s). This will be set according to the size of the item (s) and will be between £5 & £15 per day. Any storage costs incurred will need to be settled before the items(s) will be released for delivery/collection.
FAULT & ISSUE MANAGEMENT:
18. Any problems with an order, whether fault of the client or Muse Bespoke Upholstery must be brought to our attention within seven days of receipt of the order. Thereafter charges will be made for any corrections. Muse Bespoke Upholstery will not be held responsible for charges if another company is commissioned by the client to make corrections – the client will be responsible for the original bill. Charges will be made to corrections that are not the fault of Muse Bespoke Upholstery.
19. Muse Bespoke Upholstery reserve the right to apply a minimum of £50.00 charge to repair accidental damage not caused by ourselves